Thursday, August 1, 2013

The August Break 2013 - Day 1 - Breakfast

 
 "Breakfast!"  Good morning, everybody.
The sun is up and there's lots of toast and jelly.
~ "Postcard from a Dream" by Poi Dog Pondering
 
Ah, in my world, at least on weekdays, there is smoothie, not toast and jelly.  I take it on the go, drinking it on the car.  Weekends are more leisurely, yogurt with granola and berries eaten on the back deck.  In the winter, oatmeal.  If I have time, I love to make crepes
 
There are plenty of recipes out there for smoothies, if you'd like one.  I don't really follow a recipe, my general guideline is:
 
~ liquid - usually water, but sometimes almond milk, coconut milk, or hemp milk
~ greens (varies)
~ another vegetable (often cucumber)
~ banana
~ another fruit
~ something with fat / protein to fill me up and stay with me through the morning - such as nuts, nut butter, avocado
~ other good stuff, like hemp seeds, chia seeds, ginger

 
What is your breakfast?
 
Be well!
 
Hugs,
Tara




Frank waits for outdoor adventure after his breakfast.
Sorry buddy.  Gotta go to work. 
 

 
This is part of The August Break.  Check out details here
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi - nice to see someone I recognize from Photo Meditations . . . I am also doing the August Break, hoping it encourages me to do some photography every day.

    I am with you on the smoothie thing, I never measure, just throw a lot of good stuff in there and it feels so healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Yes, nice to see someone familiar! Even the internet can be a small world. :-) I bet there are others we "know" participating. So far it has encouraged me to take photos every day, and get back to my blog. A big healthy smoothie is such a great way to start the day. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete